At Ninja School the yellow belt represents the final stage of a beginner. Many principles and terminologies have been learned. Now is the time to put them into action, applying them into live sparring or battling. Yellow belt also opens up a whole new set of terminology that must be learned and physical challenges that must be mastered.
The Four Element Development
- Maintain focus and attitude.
- Improve self responsibility - (carrying in their uniform, folding away their uniform etc).
- Successfully applying sweeps & passes against other yellow belts of similar size/strength.
- Shuriken throwing: 7 out of 10 on target from 2 meters with weak hand.
- Shuriken throwing: 7 out of 10 on target from 3 meters with strong hand.
Crocodile Walks (8 meters)
Shrimping (8 meters)
Once all four stripes have been awarded at any given grade there is a minimum two week waiting period before the student receives his or her next belt. The grading system is designed this way to make sure students are transferring the mental & emotional skills learned at Ninja School into their home & school environments. It also gives the student time to learn our expectation of them as they reach the next stage of their Ninja Journey...
At the end of this two week period we will consult with the students guardians as a final confirmation that they are ready.